Sunday 7 December 2008

To's view of York & Albany

Once again the company was faultless, thought-provoking and a joy to behold. The venue certainly promised more that the previous location and though we were all a little disappointed not to be sitting upstairs the room was fine if a little drab. Lets start with cocktails: they were first-class particulaly Susanna's choice which was exotic and delicious. My Sidecar was delightful although it must be said that they took an age to come and this remained a theme for the entire evening. The menu promised much and provided us all with difficult decisions. My smoked duck salad was the least interesting of the starters I fancy and was ok but not great. The wines when they came were both good although the curse of JU-TI-SU-TO struck again when the first red we ordered was unavaalble. My main of ribeye was really good and juicy and perfectly cooked. My desert of plum tart was again perfectly ok but nothing exceptional. I thought the ambiance was a little flat and the clientele had a Chavtastic element and I would say the service was sloppy. All in all, very good food without being top class but excellent value. 7/10

No comments: