Sunday 5 October 2008

Waterhouse

First let me say how delighted I am that Ju-Ti-Su-To is up and running. Now, to the first meeting - the room was ok, a little industrial and sleek although it lacked atmosphere and felt a little tired and unloved which is odd for a reataurant's that's only been open for a year or so. The Bellini was fine but not very inspired. My starter, beetroot tower, was good, sweet and salty and full of flavour. The Pino Noir was dull and the whole wine experience was shabby to say the least. My main course, duck special was fine - flavoursome and sticky but not wonderful. My pudding - the illusive Vacherine was again fine but not inspired. All in all the wole experience was ok but very run-of-the-mill. Nothing special to recomend it and the service was the same. 4/10. Roll on December 6.

No comments: